One girl's quest to prove that it is, indeed, a wonderful life.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Grit


I'm a sucker for triumph-of-the-human-spirit stories---hence the name of this blog. This morning, as I was eating what may be my favorite breakfast of all time (Wheat Chex, with organic sugar, vanilla soymilk, and fresh blueberries), I came across this story about Tour de France contender Floyd Landis. I don't follow sports closely, but the articles that catch my eye tend to involve pain, perseverance, and sudden reversals of fortune. This one certainly qualifies.

Floyd Landis has grit, or as they say on the rodeo circuit, "try." I gotta get me some of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Tamika loves her Tour...The question is, you gotta get some grit or some Floyd?

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home